For the members of the National Association of Recyclers in Hungary
Purpose of the ETHICAL CODE
The National Association of Recyclers in Hungary is a national civic organisation based on voluntary membership, operating for public benefit purposes. The Association has set out its basic rules of operation and organisation in its Statutes.
The purpose of creating and accepting the ETHICAL CODE is to provide assistance to the members of the Association for contributing to the work of the Association, and within this context, for forming a beneficial and effective societal attitude and societal environment concerning environmental protection, waste management and utilisation with the support of the Association.
The ETHICAL CODE provides behavioural models and defines expectations for its members, which are based on voluntary acceptance and compliance rather than the application of any enforcing measures.
At the same time, the Association — its ETHICAL CODE emphasising its public benefit and open character — only welcomes persons and business organisations among its ranks that accept and apply these behavioural rules, behave accordingly within the Association, in business and public circles, and who refrain from activities and omissions that obstruct the realisation of public benefit purposes.
General principles of conduct
- Members shall comply with their obligations defined in the Statutes of the Association in the course of their activities related to the Association, and shall demonstrate behaviour within the Association and in their societal-public life relations which fosters the realisation of the Association’s objectives, and within this context, the positive influencing of public opinion regarding waste management and environmental protection.
In the interest of this, members shall pay particular attention to conducting themselves in a lawful manner, and shall refrain from all activities that may be detrimental to the professional and societal role of waste management and environmental protection, or which may shed negative light on the profession.
- Members shall pay special attention to observing environmental protection rules, and shall, to the greatest extent possible, participate in applying, disseminating, promoting modern procedures and methods, and in supporting research and development activities.
- Members shall develop their professional know-how on regular basis; if the member is a business organisation, it shall support the professional training and further training of its members and employees in line with its financial resources.
- Members may use the knowledge and information obtained in the course of their association-related activities, however they shall not misuse them in a way that may be condemned by society, at the expense of others or for obtaining unlawful advantages.
- In the course of activities, programmes, etc. jointly organised within or outside the Association, members shall respect the freedom of others and the freedom of expression.
- Members may refer to their Association membership in other professional, civil fora.
Participation in the work of the Association
- Members may not provide misleading data as regards their membership relations. When joining the Association or upon such request made by the Board, they shall complete the relevant statement with truthful, accurate content.
- Members shall actively participate in the activity of the Association, in the work of the professional section(s) selected by it.
- Members shall promote the activity of the Association outside the Association so as to improve the standing of the objectives of the profession and of the Association, and may recruit new members in the course of this.
- Members shall participate in the programmes, exhibitions, conferences, and activities organised by the Association to the greatest extent possible.
- Members shall participate in the dissemination and promotion of the publications issued by the Association for the public.
- Members shall pay the membership fee accurately according to the rules defined by the General Assembly (Delegates Meeting), and shall give the data needed for membership fee classification in line with the resolution passed by the Association.
- Members may also, occasionally or regularly, financially support the Association beyond the membership fee.
- Members may — without violating the interests of others — draw on their other societal relations in the interest of realising the objectives of the Association.
- Members may only use the information included in the Newsletters in the course of their own business activity.
- In the interest of the development of the Membership, members shall integrate companies that operate within its territory or field of business into the Association.
Special obligations of business organisations
- Business organisation members may perform their economic activity in compliance with the conditions prescribed by law.
- Business organisation members shall meet their payment obligations towards the state budget and other authorities by the required deadlines.
- Business organisation members may not purchase materials of suspicious origin.
- Business organisation members shall strive to apply quality assurance methods (ISO 9002 and ISO 14000).
- Business organisation members shall appoint persons with representation rights for participating in the organisations of the Association.
- Business organisation members shall use the logo of HOE on their stationery, company sign, and other means of communication.